IAMA is a non-profit professional organization comprised of Illinois Physicians of Indian Origin committed to professional excellence in quality patient care, education and community healthcare.
Our motto is Unity of purpose, collegiality in action, commitment to excellence and compassion towards fellow beings.
Promote professional solidarity in the pursuit of excellence in patient care, teaching and research. Bring to American medicine the distinctive contributions from India.
Enable members of IAMA to:
- Provide the best patient care with compassion.
- Serving the needy through its Charitable Foundation.
- Organize community public health seminars
- Support and encourage medical students, residents, fellows and young physicians in educational activities, scholarship and practice development to realize their future goals.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Help patients to become fully informed and empowered partners.
- Maintain their professional pride in the practice of medicine.
- Advocate for professional freedom
- Advance their knowledge through continuing medical education.
- Remain current and knowledgeable in contemporary and anticipated legislative and regulatory changes impacting on the practice of medicine.
- Assert equal protection in all their professional pursuits through collective advocacy.